We have an exciting opening for an experienced Operations Project Manager.
With good working knowledge of engineering demands in a piston engine overhaul/repair facility you will be responsible for engine overhaul, production planning and project management.
Reporting directly to the Head of Airworthiness, you will be responsible for day-to-day operational support coordinating the workflow of key component inputs. This is a varied and hands on role where each day will produce new challenges and opportunities for utilising all communication, organisational, administration and planning skills.
We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic individual who is flexible, hardworking, works well as part of a team and under their own initiative.
Retro Track & Air (UK) Ltd is a pioneering CAA approved design, production & maintenance organisation, established in 1987 by passionate aviation and racing car enthusiasts. Rooted in a profound love for aviation, Retro aims to be a formidable replacement for lost wartime OEMs. Over the years, we have emerged as an unrivalled leader in the industry, offering exceptional engineering expertise and fostering an impeccable reputation for vintage piston engine aircraft repair and overhaul from the WW2 era.
- Planning and management of engine overhaul and component manufacturing workflow, from design office approval through to engine delivery
- Develop comprehensive project plans and timelines, breaking down tasks and establishing achievable milestones
- Regularly monitor project progress, ensuring timely completion of tasks within budget constraints and with uncompromising quality
- Office administration including management of documentation, correspondence and reports
- Liaising with the workshops daily supporting their administration needs
- Organising any meetings with department leads as required and all associated diary management
- Delivery of approved projects with a strong focus on project controls
- Detailed tracking of items through to completion of first commercial batches produced
- Conducting project review and creating senior leaders updates
- Aiding the Supply Chain department where it is most needed
- Management of stock as required by Audit oversight
- Support the management of Compliance with Regulatory needs
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in a Science or Engineering related subject or equivalent work experience
- Worked with multiple departments/stakeholders across the business
- Understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Understanding of downstream and upstream impact within the process
- Project management – including the use of associated software like MS Project
- Previous administration and office co-ordination experience gained within an engineering environment
- Computer literate – including Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to grasp new processes and procedures within the stock control system is essential
- An understanding of good warehousing practices
- Comfortable with completing tasks that include lifting and some manual handling
- Ability to identify day to day needs and react accordingly
- Willingness to complete ad hoc tasks as they arise
- Excellent communication across all levels of the business
- Highly organised and able to prioritize
- Practical and hands-on approach
- Flexibility in supporting the business
- Experience within aviation stores would be an advantage
In addition to a Competitive Salary, we will offer you:
- Group Pension Scheme
- Paid Sick Leave
- Free Car Parking
- Investment in Training, Qualifications and Professional Development
Terms and Conditions
Retro Track & Air (U.K.) Ltd., encourages applications from individuals. Applications from agencies or any third parties will not be accepted.
Retro Track & Air (U.K.) Ltd., does not acknowledge or accept any terms or conditions that may be contained in or attached to an email or otherwise presented to Retro Track & Air related to any services, including terms and conditions of any recruitment search or promotion services, or any terms and conditions of employment with Retro Track & Air. All such terms and conditions shall be the subject of negotiation with Retro Track & Air and agreement in writing between the parties.
Salary: £28,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Applicants invited for interview will be informed of any special arrangements in place with regard to Covid.